This Spicy Bean Salsa is great with warm tortillas chips. Just heat them a little in your oven. Don’t leave them in there too long because they will get even harder. It is a perfect winter salsa because it gives you a little heat just when you need the most
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a medium bowl, combine black-eyed peas, black beans, corn, onion, green bell pepper, jalapeno peppers and tomatoes.
- Season with Italian-style salad dressing and garlic salt; mix well.
- Cover, and refrigerate overnight to blend flavors.