In the words of Amy Sedaris, ”Books make great gifts because they’re easy to wrap” They truly are! There is a book for every occasion and they are probably the best gifts that can surprise anyone. They provide us hours of escape, surprise and discovery. Want to explore something new in your life? Just make a wish and the pages of a book can bring adventure, mystery, comedy or romance in your life. If you are looking for a special gift to surprise your spouse on her birthday, then there can be nothing better than gifting books.
It’s much costlier than a diamond ring or any other gifts meant for an occasion like birthdays. Whether it’s a gift for your newly married spouse or for someone you have already spent half of your life, books can be the best gift as they give a break from the daily hectic life. Your spouse will enter a new world of adventure and thrill with an exciting story book.
Since there are a number of genres of books available at the market, you will have enough options while choosing a book to gift your spouse on her birthday. Let us have a look at five of the all time favorite books that make great birthday gifts:
- Romeo and Juliet: Believe it or not, this Shakespearean novel is a common favorite of many lovers and they still love to receive this book as birthday gifts. It is a saga of love with two very popular characters, Romeo and Juliet. They make you fall in love every time you read their love story. Since love stories are considered to be a common favorite of most ladies, try gifting the lady of your life this book. The chances of she not getting impresses is very less. This book can be the perfect birthday gift for spouse of any age.
- Angelina: An Unauthorized Biography: Written by Andrew Morton, this book can be the best birthday gift if your spouse loves reading about popular celebrities. Angelina Jolie is one of the best actors of our times and any movie lover (if your spouse is one) will love to read about her life. If you want to gift books to encourage her spirit of a movie lover, then purchase this book for her.
- Books of Ages 30: If your spouse will be turning 30, then this is the apt book for her. This is an age when she has already spent a few years with you. There have been good as well as bad times in both of your lives. With this book, you can cherish the moments of your past and look forward to a better future. Moreover this book also gives you an idea how life is in the 30s and what is probably waiting for you in the coming days.
- What You Don’t Know About Turning 50: Now, you can very well understand that this book can be dedicated to your spouse with whom you have spent a long time. It can be a birthday gift when she turns 50. Written by Phil Witte, this book can be encouraging especially if your spouse is very depressed about turning 50.
- Norwegian Wood: A book that tells the story of youth and love. It’s not a common story about two lovers falling for each other. It describes love beyond death, friendship, bad decisions and loss.
These five books can be great birthday gifts especially of your spouse loves reading books.