When I received my George Foreman Removable Plate Grill I was so excited because it has been so hot here that grilling outside has been a challenge. I was also a bit unsure what recipe I would be submitting to The George Foreman Grill: Show Us Your Grill Skill Recipe Contest. It was like the pressure you have the night before your wedding ” OMG!! what was I going to do?” Hubby suggested that I submit a recipe that I love and am comfortable with. I immediately thought about my Spicy Grilled Pork Chops. I came up with this recipe years ago and have perfected it over the years.The biggest thing about this recipe is that it can be changed depending on your taste. If you don’t like a spice I use omit it.
- 6 Pork Steaks (You can use any cut you wish but I like the steak cut because they are so flavorful)
- 1/2 cup Meat Sauce (Worcestershire, Soy, or any other sauce that you like,I use Country Bobs. You may use less or more depending n the size of your chops)
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons sweet paprika, preferably Spanish
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt, either kosher or sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
Mix all the spices together in a bowl except for the Meat Sauce. In a large bowl or dish place a couple of pork steaks. Pour a little Meat Sauce onto each side of the meat and then take a handful of the spices and rub them into the meat sauce. Make sure your really rub all of this into the meat. By rubbing you get a better flavor. Grill each piece f meat to desired doneness. I sometimes serve these with a corn salsa on top which makes all the flavors heavenly!
Using my new George Foreman was so easy because the little red light n the top goes off when the meat is done. This made grilling a breeze and the clean up was easy too! All I had to do was remove the top and bottom plate and then wash.
I received the above mentioned free product(s) for review purposes from George Foreman and The Family Review Network.